Last Updated: July 9, 2018
II. How We Collect and Use Information.
Our Site collects two types of information from and about you: (a) information that you provide that may be used to personally identify or contact you (“Personal Information”); and (b) information that does not personally identify you (“Non-Personal Information”). We collect this information: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically as you navigate through the Site; or (iii) from third parties, for example, our business partners.
A. Personal Information.
Education Opens Doors collects Personal Information from Users in a variety of ways. Examples of Personal Information that we collect through the Site include:
- Contact data (such as your name, address, email addresses, and phone number) to respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Demographic data (such as gender, zip code or age) when participating in a survey or poll
- Financial information or payment information (such as credit card, debit card or other payment information) collected to pay for purchases made through the Site; and
- Other information provided when you interact with or use the features on the Site. However, Education Opens Doors does not collect social security numbers and asks that you do not submit a social security number for any reason.
Certain information may not be Personal Information when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice.
Education Opens Doors may use Personal Information collected through the Site for the specific purposes for which the information was collected, including to:
- Provide our services to you;
- Respond to your requests and inquiries;/
- Verify your address;
- Contact you for a variety of reasons, including for customer service, to provide information on products and services offered by Education Opens Doors that we believe may be of interest to you, to manage risk, or to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared via our Site, and otherwise to enhance your experience with Education Opens Doors;
- Conduct research regarding the effectiveness of the Site and the business planning, marketing, advertising, and sales efforts of Education Opens Doors and its trusted affiliates, independent contractors and business partners; and
- Help ensure compliance with certain terms and conditions and agreements entered between you and Education Opens Doors as well as to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of content downloaded or otherwise accessed via the Site.
B. Non-Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information can include previously identifiable information that has been de-identified or rendered anonymous. Non-Personal Information can also include, for example: your IP address, device identifiers, geolocation information, or other unique identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer, mobile device, or other device used to access the Site; the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari); the third party website from which your visit originated; the operating system you are using (e.g., Windows, Mac OS); the identity of your Internet service provider; the search terms you use on our Site or to find our Site; the specific areas within our Site that you visit; and the time of day and duration of your visits.
Non-Personal Information may be used by Education Opens Doors for any lawful purpose.
IV. Cookies, Analytics Services, Advertisements, and Related Technologies
We may use “cookies” or other tracking technologies (e.g., web beacons, single-pixel, or clear GIFs) to track how you use the Site. A cookie is a file stored on your computer or device to uniquely identify your device or to store information or settings on your device. You may adjust your web browser software if you do not wish to receive cookies or web beacons, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of the Site’s features. Please refer to your browser instructions or help pages to learn more about these functions.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, and Mixpanel. For more information on Google Analytics’s processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.” Please be aware that, if you clear your cookie history or browse our Site with a different browser or device than previously used, you may need to repeat any steps previously taken to opt out of these services.
We may also engage one or more third-party service providers to provide online advertisements on our behalf. They may use a pixel tag or other similar technology to collect information about your visits to sites, and they may use that information to send you targeted advertisements.
Without an industry or legal standard of interpreting Do Not Track Signals (“DNT”) sent to us by your browser, we do not respond to DNT signals at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
V. To Whom We Disclose Information.
This section describes to whom we disclose information collected on the Site, including Personal Information, and for what purposes:
- Our Service Providers: We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Site and related services, such as service providers who use your email address to send emails on our behalf; the analytics service providers referenced above, advertising partners, payment processors, and other service providers who use the information for the purposes outlined above and only to the extent necessary for them to perform their services on our behalf.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts: We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our legal or other rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, intellectual property, or the health and safety of you or any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisition Transactions. In some cases, Education Opens Doors may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user data (including Personal Information) is typically one of the business assets transferred. Moreover, if Education Opens Doors, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user data would be one of the assets that is reviewed and transferred or acquired by a third party.
VI. How We Communicate With You; Opt Out
Education Opens Doors will communicate with you through email to welcome you to the Site and provide you important information regarding the services we provide on the Site.
We strive to limit the number of emails we send to you. You may opt out of receiving future emails by following the instructions provided in the emails you receive. You can also email us a request to opt out to email@example.com.
VII. Security of Your Personal Information
When you submit information to us through our Site, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across the Internet and that no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to protect Personal Information and privacy and take reasonable security measures to protect your information when we receive it, you should also take appropriate steps to protect your information. Your information may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to or from us. Please be advised that we cannot and do not ensure, represent, guarantee, or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information.
VIII. Third-Party Websites
IX. Accessing, Correcting, Updating, Accessing, or Removing Personal Information.
If you would like to access, amend, update or remove your Personal Information collected via the Site, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
X. Additional Considerations.
Children’s Privacy. Our Site is a general audience site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware of any Personal Information received from users under the age of 13, we will take appropriate steps to promptly delete such information.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users that are residents of California to request from companies conducting business in California certain information regarding Education Opens Doors’ disclosures of personal information (as defined under California law) to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email email@example.com.
Third Party Websites. Education Opens Doors is not responsible for the privacy practices of any other websites or content controlled by third parties, and you access and utilize such content and websites entirely at your own risk. Education Opens Doors recommends that you review the privacy and other practices governing any other websites that you choose to visit and any content you wish to download or otherwise access.
Data Originating Outside the U.S. If you access the Site in a country with laws governing data collection and use that differ from U.S. law, please note that any Personal Information that you provide to Education Opens Doors will be transferred to and processed by Education Opens Doors in the U.S.
XI. Contact Us.