The team at Education Opens Doors is passionate about expanding access to college knowledge.
Do you identify with our core values, vision and mission?
Explore our open careers below.
Education Opens Doors is seeking one (1) Executive Assistant to join our highly motivated and collaborative Dallas-based team. The responsibilities and qualifications for the Executive Assistant position are listed below.
Executive Assistant Position Summary
We are seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to provide administrative support for the Executive Director of Education Opens Doors. The EA will primarily schedule meetings, manage calendars, and proactively develop systems to increase the organization and efficiency of the Executive Director. The EA will also be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Education Opens Doors office, ensuring that it is a safe, productive, clean, and comfortable work environment for all staff and guests of Education Opens Doors. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, organized, highly collaborative, and comfortable working primarily in an office environment. This position will report directly to and work closely with the Executive Director.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (50%)
● Providing ongoing administrative support including scheduling meetings and conference calls, maintaining calendars, arranging travel, and processing expenditures for the Executive Director
● Collecting information and resources required for the Executive Director to conduct meetings effectively
● Proactively developing systems to increase the organization and efficiency of the Executive Director
● Drafting and editing handwritten and digital correspondence to external and internal contacts
● Other projects, assignments, tasks, and support as assigned by the Executive Director, including organizational culture building, development and fundraising, and external communications
OFFICE MANAGEMENT (30%)
● Managing and maintaining the physical space (reception, seating, access & security, maintenance requests, common areas) to enhance brand identity, productivity, and staff satisfaction.
● Coordinating large-scale events based in the office
● Serving as main contact for office, the primary driver of people-centered service acting as a liaison to building management, local vendors, mail carriers
● Maintain office systems, procedures, technology & resources
● Support the office transition process for new, existing and transferring staff members, acting as the main contact for office operations and ensuring that they have the appropriate materials (desktop, laptop, telephone, office procedures, etc.) to operate
OFFICE OPERATIONS (20%)
● Manage the procurement, organization, distribution and inventory of supplies, including technology, general office, and shipping supplies
● Ensure all office meeting rooms and common spaces are organized, supplied, and clean daily through an office-wide cleaning management plan
● Manage the office printers and copiers, including supplies and maintenance
● Manage all shipping from the office
● Coordinate ongoing repair and maintenance for the office
● Manage all scanning, filing, and recording of all staff and organization receipts
● Digitally deposit incoming payment and update donor and customer accounts
Executive Assistant Qualifications & Mindsets
● Associate’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience
● Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects independently
● Ability to produce quality work under tight deadlines with minimal oversight
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a variety of mediums
● Proficiency in the following software: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive
● Availability to work occasional nights and weekends
● Managing workload effectively and following through on execution
● Making informed and timely decisions, and using sound judgment to prioritize actions
● Writing in an effective and compelling manner
● Identifying and acting upon learnings from both accomplishments and less-successful experiences by reflecting and proactively seeking feedback
● Ability to lift up to 15 pounds (role occasionally requires moving boxes, etc.)
● Experience (1+ years) working as an Executive Assistant
● Experience working with people from underrepresented demographic backgrounds (race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class, etc.)
● Strong understanding and analysis of timely issues affecting education, including the opportunity gap, access to resources, district zoning, and large district politics.
● Proficiency in the following software: Box, Salesforce, Asana
● Mission Oriented: Committed to social, economic and racial justice
● Driven: Possesses a diverse skill set and is proactive about learning new skills
● Collaborative: Willing to propose solutions and ideas to challenges based on expertise, debate their merits, and make final recommendations
● Adaptable: Excited to work in a fast-moving small team environment, where each staff person assumes multiple responsibilities while striving to achieve shared goals
● Self-reflective: Open to receiving and giving ongoing feedback
● Positive: Passionate, sense of humor, open to adventure, fun
BENEFITS AND SALARY
Salary for the position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience.
Education Opens Doors is proud to offer the following benefits:
● Health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
● Life insurance
● Short-term and long-term disability coverage
● Retirement plan
● Generous vacation package
● Ongoing professional development
● Opportunity to work with a dynamic team of change makers
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter including salary requirements, a 1-2 page résumé, and a minimum of two references to:
Any application instruction questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Opens Doors is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, ancestry, color, race, ethnicity or creed. LGBTQ individuals and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.