Resources for Students, Teachers, and Parents
At Education Opens Doors, one of our big focal points for the past month has been to collect feedback from the education community and create resources specific to those needs and requests. Below are some resources that have been created to support you!
Current EOD Content Mini-Lessons:
- We’ve taken a few of our 45 minutes and condensed them down to shorter, 15-minute lessons that teachers can share with students to navigate virtually. We will continue to add more lessons over the coming weeks. We have 6 complete mini-lessons and have added webinar recordings addressing support around distance learning. Click here to check them out! Also, please complete this survey link to share feedback so we can continue to improve the lessons. Lastly, IF you would like a Nearpod version of any of the lessons, please fill out this form. Thanks!
EOD Tech Tool Resource Hub:
- Students: Resources around college, planning for postsecondary success, COVID-19 financial resources, and more!
- Teachers: Find articles and resource hubs for different topics including student engagement, College and Career, Core content, and creating an online classroom
- Coming soon – We are working on creating a Parent Interview weekly series to share stories of parents navigating and balancing home/work/school life for advice and support for our families
- Parents: Your go-to place for resources for at-home learning, postsecondary planning, and how to support your child with mental and emotional health.
Online Purchase of the EOD Student Guidebook:
- We are launching online sales for our Student Guidebook! In light of indefinite school closures due to COVID-19, we have noticed widespread inequities in the available access to distance learning opportunities and high-quality resources for students to use at home – whether it be self-guided, or with the assistance of a parent or teacher. As a partner, there is no need for you to purchase but if you know families, teachers, and other educators that aren’t current EOD partners, please feel free to share this opportunity with them!
- To provide access to the Student Guidebook for as many students as we can, this week we are running a “Buy a Book, Donate a Book” campaign. For every purchase made, we will donate a book to a student or family in need to use as a vital resource in these challenging times. Thanks so much for helping us spread the word!
Parent Voices in the Age of Digital Learning: A Podcast Series:
- As our parents experience a new normal, we want to open up space for them to talk through their challenges, “aha” moments, and insight on what they’re experiencing on the ground. What better way to do this than hear directly from them!
- Episodes will be released weekly.
- To join us for the journey, click here:
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/73O9d5ftEBxmh7DIq82PNp
- Apple Music: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/education-opens-doors-podcast/id1511034211
We hope these resources will be helpful to you in the coming weeks and months. We will continue to update these resources as well as add new things over the coming weeks so check back to the links regularly and look out for more updates from us. We will continue to learn, grow, and get through this all together!